Saturday, August 25, 2007

MAS': From Process to Procession

















I am pleased to announce my participation in an exhibition called MAS': From Process to Procession / Caribbean Carnival as Art Practice at the BRIC's Rotunda Gallery in Brooklyn Heights from Sept. 12 - October 20. Guest curator Claire Tancons choose eight artists from all over the world "ranging from performance to professional artists to masmen (masqueraders). Coming from and/or having worked in the Caribbean, all the artists in the exhibition recognize Carnival as a potent vehicle for contempory artistic practice with a public reach and a global appeal". The artists are Laura Anderson Barbata, Nicolas Dumit Esteves, Stefan Falke, Marlon Griffith, Karyn Olivier, Caecilia Tripp, Superior Concept Monsters (Alex Kahn and Sophia Michahelles) .
Below (and above, used for the add) some images fom my book MOKO JUMBIES: The Dancing Spirits of Trinidad, which will be shown at the exhibition. Opening Reception: Wednesday, September 12, 7 to 9pm. BRIC's Rotunda Gallery is located at 33 Clinton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201. There will be a Panel Discussion Thursday, September 20, 7pm, which I will miss, since I am currently on assignment in Germany.













































1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:53 PM

    Congrats on the exhibition. Unfortunately I'm no longer in New York to take a look. I made a mention of it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete