Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Keep Going New York blog

 

I started a new blog about my book, keep visiting for more:

My work for this book focuses on the resilience of my fellow New Yorkers, on moments of normalcy under exceptional circumstances during the pandemic in 2020. I chose a positive attitude in the title and the photographs because I love my chosen hometown and know it will bounce back as it has so many times before. So I like to show New Yorkers doing what they always do: They keep going !!

My self-published book is rather small in size (10×8 in, 25×20 cm) and page count (62) and I limited my edit to 58 photographs. You may consider the book expensive, and it is, comparably, but it is the nature of self-publishing, especially when printed and distributed from a  print-on-demand platform like Blurb, that the product has a price that cannot compete with the books produced by big publishing houses.

The work that went into my book, nine month photographing, two month editing (with the invaluable help of journalist Claudia Steinberg and my wife Christine) and designing, promoting etc etc … makes this book all worthwhile. And the work kept us busy and sane during the difficult year 2020.

Keep Going New York !!  is a visual time-stamp showing our city going through a challenging phase. It is not sensational, not spectacular. It just is the way I saw our city in 2020. I hope it will be of value for you, way beyond now, or later, or even much later. https://keepgoingnewyork.blog



No comments:

Post a Comment