Monday, August 28, 2006

Williamsburg
















I moved from Red Hook to Williamsburg in Brooklyn a few days ago and started to photograph the neighborhood at night (the camera was set at ASA 3200 and hendheld at 1/5 sec - 1/10 sec at f 5.6).













































The neighborhood will not look like this for long, for this part of Brooklyn is being developed at a neckbreaking speed.













































I bet the waterfront will have a skyline like Manahattan does, not too many years from now. But I sure love living here right now, it is my favorite neighborhood in Brooklyn, next to Greenpoint, where I have also lived a while ago.













































Crossing the Mc Carren Park from Williamsburg towards Greenpoint one can see new luxury condominium buildings grow like asparagus. Is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson going to save us??































(Please also see my related post Chelsea)

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Langer.

    Sieht aus wie Williamsburg in Hamburg.

    Ist das was für dein Patenkind?

    Wenn ja kommen wir dich besuchen

    Uli

    ReplyDelete