Saturday, October 31, 2009

New 'La Frontera' edit



I am showing a new edit of my 'La Frontera' series at my website stefanfalke.com. Please visit http://www.stefanfalke.com/#/stories/La%20Frontera/1



With my long term project 'La Frontera' I want to examine the cultural and humanitarian activities on both sides of a border that keeps the United States and Mexico apart with a wall of steel already 600 miles long. . The turf wars of drug cartels, arms trafficking and rampant kidnappings turned cities like Tijuana into some of the most dangerous places on earth. Despite the violence many brave artists, photographers, architects, poets, humanitarians, teachers etc live and work in the shadow of the wall on both sides and have a positive influence on this region; they are the focus of my long term project along the border. (Over time I plan to cover the entire length from the Atlantic to the Pacific, these images were taken in and around Tijuana)

No comments:

Post a Comment