Monday, July 16, 2012

LA FRONTERA Facebook Page

I just started a new Facebook page to promote and organize my longterm project 'LA FRONTERA: Artists along the US - Mexican Border':

... I am currently working on a long-term project about artists along the US Mexican border in order to document the abundant cultural activities in a region portrayed by the international media mostly with the sole focus on violent crimes. I am planning on traveling along the entire length of the 2000 miles border and photograph painters, photographers, musicians, writers, architects etc… and art institutions and events. I started to work on this project in November 2008 and I have already photographed over 70 artists in Tijuana, Tecate and Mexicali. Next I will travel (in sections) to Nogales, Ciudad Juarez, Nuevos Laredo, Reynosa, Matamoros and smaller towns along the border. I will also visit Brownsville, El Paso, Calexico, San Diego and other border towns and cities on the US side of the border...

You can contribute to my project or learn more about it here:

No comments:

Post a Comment