Saturday, September 08, 2012

My La Frontera Fundraiser on Indiegogo




I started a crowd funding campaign for my 'LA FRONTERA: Artists along the US Mexican Border' project. The campaign, if successful, will allow me travel along the 2000 miles long border and photograph artists and other creative people. And the border itself.

As you can see on my campaign site, I have portrayed great artists in Tijuana, Tecate and Mexicali already during earlier visits this year and in 2008 and 2009. Now I need your help to really start the project along the entire border.

I am hoping that my LA FRONTERA project will help to put a spotlight on the vibrant cultural life along the border that most people in the US and other countries know very little about.

Some of you might wonder why I choose the crowd-funding platform Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter. For me the choice was simple because

a) Indiegogo allows easy ways to contribute directly with your debit or credit card, or through paypal (you need an Amazon account to contribute to a project on Kickstarter).

b) I will receive all contributions that have been made until the end of my campaign (Nov. 6th, election day !!), which will assure you that I am going to continue my project even if I do not reach my goal of 27000 $. In that case I may have to skip some cities or towns along the way and shorten my stays in others.

With your help I will go ahead with my project. Contributions start as low as 10$.

Thank you for your support :-) Stefan Falke

Please go to http://www.indiegogo.com/LaFronteraArtistsAlongTheUSMexicanBoder



No comments:

Post a Comment