Saturday, January 05, 2013

Borderartists.com



I am starting to fill the pages of a website I created for my project LA FRONTERA; Artists along the US Mexican Border. Please visit borderartists.com often, it is a work in progress. I also added a 'donate' button to the pages in case you or your freinds and colleagues are interested in supporting the project. Additional funding is needed soon.
I am leaving for El Paso and Ciudad Juarez next week where I will photograph artists on both sides of the border for about two weeks. Then I am heading west to Nogales and hopefully further west to Tijuana. The more funds I have, the more time I can spend in each location and I don't have to skip smaller towns and cities. Each donation is very appreciated.
A reminder: Images of the project are already being shown at the Mexican Cultural Institute of Washington DC (http://www.instituteofmexicodc.org) until March 2nd 2013. There is a great interest of museums and art institutions along the border to exhibit my work in 2013 and 2014 and I am planning to publish a book at the end of my project.


No comments:

Post a Comment