Wednesday, May 01, 2013

A Farewell to Luise Kimme

My friend Luise Kimme moved on to another world in April. The German sculptor left an amazing amount of stunning art work for us to enjoy, most of it on view at her 'castle' in Tobago, itself a piece of art. I will miss her dearly. Over years we collaborated on many of her books and catalogues and her impact as an artist on my life was huge. She also opened my eyes for the rich culture of the nation of Trinidad & Tobago, which I visited dozens of times since 1986. My book MOKO JUMBIES: The Dancing Spirits of Trinidad only came to life because Luise Kimme introduced me to her many  friends in the islands. I am forever grateful.

 Here is the article I wrote for the T&T Guardian, published last week:
( text online here: http://www.guardian.co.tt/lifestyle/2013-04-22/luise-kimme-changed-my-life ):




No comments:

Post a Comment