Friday, June 23, 2006

World Cup II
















I was on my way to the subway yesterday, coming from my regular job (see Checkpoint Charlie post) when all hell broke loose on Berlin’s Tauentzienstrasse…Ghana had just made it to the next round by beating the US 2-1 !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!













































The instant street party was joined by the Italians, some by the truckload, to celebrate their own victory, but they were clearly ‘out-party-ed’ by Ghana.













































Germany is a wonderful place to be these days. I just wish that my favorite team, Trinidad & Tobago’s Soca Warriors, would have had some more luck during the first round, but hey, it was great that they were here!! Now, Go Ghana, go…













































No comments:

Post a Comment