Sunday, September 30, 2007

"Die Frau vom Checkpoint Charlie" billboard

















I shot this portrait of German actress Veronica Ferres about a year ago during the filming of "Die Frau vom Checkpoint Charlie". It appears on billboards all over Germany these days to announce the two part mini series on the public tv channel ARD tonight and tomorrow night. The movie was directed by Miguel Alexandre.

View my stills from the movie here

I was surprised to see the quality of the enlarged portrait, about 5 feet high, which I shot with a 12 million pixel Nikon D2X. If you get close to the billboard you think it was shot with a medium format camera. So much for my fear about not having enough pixels in my cameras...

1 comment:

  1. Stefan did you receive my email regarding the double boarder?

    ReplyDelete