Thursday, March 14, 2024

And the Photography Oscar goes to ...

 


STEFAN FALKE

Photography


Newsletter Special


View as Webpage


Bragging Rights:

It looks like an Oscar and it really felt like getting one:


My "Keep Going New York !!" project 

received one of these golden beauties during the 

Global Focus Project Award Ceremonies at the incredible 

Xposure Photo Festival in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.


Twelve photographers from 6 continents - two each - were awarded for their projects and contributions to the field of photography and their work was exhibited 

during the festival week Feb 28th - March 5th.

I feel very honored and humbled for being included in this amazing group:


Thandiwe Muriu (Africa), Gurcharan Roopra (Africa), Sirachai Arunrugstichai(Asia), Emily Garthwaite (Asia), Shane Hulbert (Australia Oceania), Charlotte Piho (Australia Oceania), Mario Heller(Europe), Chantal Pinzi (Europe), 

Stefan Falke (North America), Erin Trieb (North America), 

Johanna Alarcón (South America), 

Gabriel Chaim (South America).


A big 'Thank You' to the 2023 Global Focus Project committee, to the creative director of the festival, Simon Newton, his wonderful right hand Dalia Gutierrez

and to Frank Meo who introduced my work to the festival committee !!


Congratulations to all my fabulous co-awardees !!! Thank you Frank Meo, Kira Pollack and Aiden Sullivan for presenting the awards and to the entire team of the 

Sharjah Xposure photo festival !!


I am also grateful for all my new friends I made at the festival,

let's keep in touch !!


My heartfelt thanks to festival director Simon Newton (right) and his right hand Dalia Gutierrez (left)


Mirrored Dubai

After the festival my wife Christine and I spent a few additional days in Dubai 

where I shot some new work for my mirror series. I hope you enjoy the images. 

If so, you can see more of them 

here

All photos © Stefan Falke

Facebook  Instagram  Linkedin   

Stefan Falke Photography 

New York City


www.stefanfalke.com


stefanfalke@mac.com


(+1) 917 - 214 9029



No comments:

Post a Comment